We want you to know that we care about your privacy and will never intentionally collect personally identifiable information or monitor usage on an individual level.
Information we collect during the installation and any susequent removal or uninstallation of the Programs
The information we collect is for basic reporting purposes only, and consists of the following:
- Date and time of installation
- Originating IP address and the user's country at time of installation/un-installation
- Partner ID at time of installation
- Extension version at time of installation
- A numeric identifier of the product that distributes the Extension (channel id)
- Media access control ("MAC") and operating system data
Information we collect during Usage of the Programs
We do not monitor the web pages you visit. When you perform a search, your search may be sent through our servers in order to optimize the search result. This will record the following information:
- Date and time of search
- Originating IP address
- Partner / Channel ID of your Extension
- Extension version
- Search term(s)
In addition, your web browser will communicate to us information it gives to every web server that has placed one or more active cookies on your browser: ip address and browser user agent that contains information about your computer hardware and software attributes.
How we use the Information we collect
All information collected is reported by us on an aggregate basis. We may use this information to measure, for example:
- the total number of Programs installs/uninstalls in order to pay our partners
- the number of Extensions active in Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome (to study browser trends, for example)
- the total number of DNS errors in order to measure growth patterns
- MAC and operating system data
Information collected by Third Parties
Search results pages you visit when performing a search using the Programs are provided by our search engine partners (e.g.,Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex, eBay, Namespace, 50onred, Dealply etc.). These search engines can track the following:
- Search term that was entered into the search box
- Originating IP address and the user's country or OS language setting
- Sponsored listings or other advertisements that you click on
- That the search request came from the Searchme, Domain Error Assistant, eBay Shopping Assistant or Slick Savings extension and its associated revenue tag
- MAC and operating system data
- The direct provider of the Slick Savings might collect certain information
We suggest that you consider visiting the sites of these search engines and the Slick Savings to learn their privacy policies and more information about what they collect, as well as to determine how you may attempt to prevent the collection of such information, or clear such information. Some of these search engines are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). To opt out of other ad networks or to learn more about network advertising, please visit the NAI site and Digital Advertising Alliance website. In addition, some browsers have "do no track" functionalities or settings, which you might consider learning about.
The Programs do not collect personally identifiable information or monitor your surfing behavior.
The Programs do not launch pop-up or pop-under advertisements, or any other obtrusive forms of advertising.
When you conduct a search using the extensions, our content providers who supply search results (e.g., Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex, etc.) may set or access cookies on your computer. The cookies are used for the purpose of measuring referrals from our Programs on an aggregate basis and are not tied to your personal information, except for your IP Address, and as may be otherwise disclosed in the privacy policies of these providers. Many browsers offer users the option of declining or deleting cookies. If you do not wish to accept cookies, or you wish to delete cookies, please modify the settings in your browser. (A cookie is message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. There are many resources available on the internet that explain in greater detail what cookies are, what types of cookies exist, and what they do.)
Also, please refer to the section above titled "Information collected by Third Parties"
Programs Updates Automatically
The Programs communicate with our servers from time to time to check for available software updates such as bug fixes, patches, enhanced functions and new versions. By installing the Programs, you agree to automatically request, receive and install updates without any additional notice.
[The following within the brackets is for your information only, and is not a contractual agreement, including and notwithstanding anything stated or implied elsewhere
You can easily uninstall the Searchme, eBay extensions and Slick Savings from your Safari browser by selecting
Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Uninstall
You can easily uninstall the Domain Error Assistant and Shopping Assistant extensions from your Google Chrome browser by selecting Settings > Extensions (or by selecting Chrome > Preferences > Extensions) > click Uninstall or Remove from Chrome or the trash can icon
You can easily uninstall the Searchme, eBay Shopping Assistant and Slick Savings extensions from your Firefox browser by selecting: Firefox > Preferences > General (tab) > Manage Add-ons > Remove
In order to properly uninstall Spigot's Application Manager, please open the Terminal application (located under the /Applications/Utilities folder) and run the following commands:launchctl unload ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.spigot.ApplicationManager.plist. Then, go ahead and remove the Spigot directory from the ~/Library/Application Support/ directory
You can easily hide or deactivate the Searchme, eBay Shopping Assistant and Slick Savings extensions in Safari by selecting Safari> Preferences > Extensions , and then unselecting the checkbox for the specific extension.
You can easily hide or deactivate the Domain Error Assistant and Shopping Assistant extensions in Google Chrome by selecting Settings > Extensions(or by selecting Chrome > Preferences > Extensions), and then unselecting the check box for the the specific extension.
You can easily hide or deactivate the Searchme, eBay Shopping Assistant and Slick Savings extensions in Firefox by selecting Firefox > Preferences > General (tab) > Manage Add-ons > Disable]
We recognize the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. The Programs are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not target the Programs or our Services to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE PROGRAMS AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. IF WE LEARNS THAT PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF PERSONS LESS THAN 13 YEARS OF AGE HAS BEEN COLLECTED ON OR THROUGH THE PROGRAMS, WE WILL TAKE THE APPROPRIATE STEPS TO DELETE THIS INFORMATION.
IF YOU ARE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A CHILD UNDER 13 WHO HAS BECOME AN EXTENSION USER SUBSCRIBER, THEN PLEASE CONTACT SPIGOT AT PRIVACY_at_SPIGOT dot_COM TO HAVE THAT CHILD'S ACCOUNT TERMINATED AND INFORMATION DELETED.
THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME RESOURCES THAT MAY HELP PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS IN MONITORING AND LIMITING YOUR CHILDREN'S ACCESS TO CERTAIN TYPES OF MATERIAL ON THE INTERNET. WHILE WE DOES NO ENDORSE THESE SITES, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS, AND DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THEM, WE PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT THEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE.
- OnGuard Online , maintained by the Federal Trade Commission.
- The Child Safety Network
- Control Kids
- Cyber Sitter
- Net Nanny
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted business affiliates who work with us or on our behalf under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help us communicate with you about offers from us and our marketing partners.
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the option of allowing Spigot to collect and use their child's information without consenting to Spigot sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company.
Notice to European Users
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please send us a note at support_at_spigot.com.